Nathan Sheets is integrating his faith and work of running a honey manufacturing business in Dallas. He’s also figured out how to empower folks in his community who have little opportunity for employment, let alone entrepreneurship. Check out his inspiring story:
Category Archive for 'Stories of Integration'
“We had very comfortably compartmentalized our faith,” says Barrington Gifts CEO David Gowdey. “We had what we did at work–and we were good, honest business people–but then our ministry was something we did outside of work. And then I got introduced to the concept that maybe God gave us our work to use for his […]
Here’s a great story about George Zaloom, who found joy and purpose in his work running a Staten Island auto-repair shop. Wonderful example of a man who’s integrating his faith and work as a mechanic:
Readers of The Integrated Life might wonder just how far they can go in integrating their faith and work. As a business owner, what are the opportunities and legal limitations of expressing faith at work? Brad Dacus and the Pacific Justice Institute have assembled a helpful video that addresses many questions. The first part profiles […]
The Integrated Life mentions the story of 20th-century businessman R.G. LeTourneau whose company produced nearly 70 percent of the earthmoving equipment used during World War II. He famously gave 90 percent of his income to God, lived off the remaining 10 percent, and instructed his heirs to give away whatever remained. “The question is not […]
The Integrated Life provides a number of stories of integrated living that are both enlightening and inspirational. Here’s another example–Bill Job, an American who moved to Xiamen, China in 1987 to study Chinese. He ended up starting Meixia, a company that produces exceptional stained glass products. The business is Bill’s ministry, and as you’ll see […]
The Integrated Life provides a number of stories of integrated living that are both enlightening and inspirational. Here’s another example–a home builder in Texas. The folks who founded Betenbough Homes have chronicled how their integration of faith and work has evolved over the years. Today, the employee-owned company features a charitable foundation as well as […]